I’m interested in learning the basic of android software development. Let’s start by installing components needed. Hopefully after this I can develop useful app (at least for me).
Steps for installing android sdk with eclips:
- Download android sdk and eclipse from https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#download. Extract to your preferred folder.
- Download java runtime environment from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html. Remember to download same version (x64 or x86) of JRE with your eclipse.
- Install JRE.
- Right click My Computer and choose Properties. Go to the tab Advanced, click the button Environment Variables, in the System Variables list at the bottom select Path, click Edit and add ;c:\path\to\jre\bin to the end of the value.
- Add and configure Android Devleopment Tool (ADT) in eclipse. ADT is plugin for ecipse IDE for providing a powerful, integrated environment in which to develop Android apps. It extends the capabilities of Eclipse to let you quickly set up new Android projects, build an app UI, debug your app, and export signed (or unsigned) app packages (APKs) for distribution
You can also install Android Studio:
- Install android studio from https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/studio.html#Updating
- Download jdk from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
- Install JDK
- Rightclick My Computer and choose Properties. Go to the tab Advanced, click the button Environment Variables, in the System Variables list at the bottom select New, type Variable name: Java_Home and Variable value: c:\path\to\jdk\